Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A-quiltin' I will go . . .

This is Tracy on her wedding day in 2003. (Having her hair and make-up done, not in her dress yet, just in case you thought she got married in a cotton blouse). She's receiving a very special gift from my Auntie Sue . . . a gorgeous quilt Sue made especially for Tracy and Tyson. The reason I show you these pictures, is that when I decided I wanted to make a quilt of my own, of course the go-to girl had to be my Auntie Sue herself. She has made dozens, no, probably hundreds of quilts. She is the Queen of Quilting.

Not only have I finished my first quilt, I've had a blast with Aunt Sue! So much fun, that now I'm taking guitar lessons from Aunt Sue (don't know how well I'll do with that; I'm not very musically inclined). She is a multi-talented girl!

Here's a picture of my first quilt. I'm working on my second quilt now. I was making this quilt for Sullivan but decided that it wasn't good enough for him. I'll post a picture of the new quilt photographed with Sullivan. I'll be seeing them soon . . . YEA.

















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails